In today's ever changing technologies, there are lots of ways to expand the reach in employment, though the traditional way is still out there, most companies have ventured into posting the job opportunities online. Also, on the side of the job seekers, they can also post their resumes online to have a bigger chance of being employed. That is where social media has become the platform for this kind of employment method.
The trend this time is always on social media. These platforms offer job seekers both employer and employee a better chance to network their industry, build brands, and create resumes online to attract potential employers.
Most employers want their employees to be on social media. “According to a career builder survey from 2017, around 70 percent of polled employers screen a candidate’s social media accounts before bringing them in for an interview. That same poll also found that over 50 percent of employers found candidates with no social media footprints problematic”, according to one of the New York Times articles.
There is no need to be on all the social media sites, but you definitely need to be on LinkedIn and Twitter for starters.
Being on social media also helps you expand your knowledge. You need to take advantage of these resources to help you be more well-rounded and most of all, well-informed.
Here are some ways to leverage social media for recruitment.
- Choose the right Platforms- not all social media platforms are created equally. You need to find the right platform like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for example to reach more job seekers.
- Create interesting Contents- you need to have interesting contents in your account to better attract audiences and entice them to share your contents to others.
- Engage with your audience- you need to have engagements with your audience so that they will have more interest in your contents, replying to their comments and questions help you more in your quest to find better employees.
- Monitor and analyze your efforts- always monitor the efforts you put in your social media accounts. Don’t just leave your accounts idle for a long time. Also, determine which platform is more suitable in your need to not waste your time.
You also need to build your employer brand on social media, these steps may help you with this.
- Showcase your Company Culture- let job seekers know how your company works, and how you handle and take care of your employees. Post videos and pictures of company activities to encourage job seekers to choose your company.
- Highlight your company’s values- having good company values help job seekers decide to apply in your company. No person wants to be in a company that doesn’t have good values.
- Share employee testimonials- this strategy helps your company in promoting how employees are treated. This is one of the ways job seekers will want to be in your company if the testimonials are positive and uplifting.
- Utilize hashtags and industry related groups- in these modern times, the use of hashtags is one of the ways to quicken your search in social media. Using these methods helps job seekers see if your company is the one they are looking for. Having the right hashtag makes it all easier.
- Partner with influencers and thought leaders- this method helps you be promoted on more platforms and reach more individuals. You just need to select the right person for this job. Having the right influencer promotes you can attract more top talent.
In today’s digital age, social media platforms play a critical role in recruitment and employer branding. Having the right content and advertisement can definitely land you the best results you are aiming for. So, better select the right platform that will be more suitable for you.